Thursday, May 17, 2012

A LETTER TO GOD


Dear God,

Day in day out, years in years out, I come before you as your humble servant. Years go by but my faith in you is the same though my knowledge of you is greater. I am not perfect and I am not better than others for I am human thus a sinner. I ask you, lord, to forgive me for the wrongs I have done. Help me become a better person, to do right to both you and my neighbour. My letter to you is 
going to be longer and different from the rest. For today I am writing down my thoughts. All I ask for is insight and guidance.

I thank you, lord, for the great family that I have. We are not the best family but what we have is enough any human would ask for. Yes, there are times when they are very irritating and annoying. We argue and end up saying hateful things to each other. But we are a family that is rich with love. I know they will always love me and be there for me just like I love them and will always be there for them.There are those outside there who have no family and go through life trying to find love but end up looking in the wrong places.

I have never known hunger like others have. There are children outside there in the world whose bodies are painfully thin for their cheeks are sunken, their limbs resemble sticks, and their stomachs protruding. Reasons are malnourishment and hunger. I wonder lord, what is the reason the children suffer? Is it because of their parents’ sins? I know Lord you have a reason for everything but I pray Lord that you have mercy on them. For both their bodies and souls are innocents.

In this day and age, you would think that people by now should know that war does not solve anything. Instead, it brings death and pain. Why lord, are there people who kill each other. They kill each other for power, love, and money. Can’t they just solve it without a drop of blood being shed? Or are they just thirsty for their enemies’ blood? Many are caught up in the mix and it is the innocent ones who suffer the most. God, I humbly ask you to help us humans be able to solve conflicts without war.

Why lord, are there people in this world who rape and sexually molest the helpless ones. Don’t they see that they are harming and scaring them? Do they wonder how it would be if they were the victims? Do they think that they are above the law? What makes them do that? God, to protect us from those whose thoughts, actions and intentions against others are harmful and are not pure.

There are very many different churches and religions in the world. They all have different teachings but they at least all agree that you are the only God and our father. But why is it that they use your name as an excuse to preach against each other and say that their church is better than the other. I would like to ask Lord, is there any true church? Is there any church in the world that is better than the rest? Isn’t it enough that we all believe in you and try to live by what you say in your book?

Am I complaining a lot father, do you think I am asking for a lot? Is it wrong for me to write you this letter with very many questions? I know Lord that we are very many people in this world who ask you for a lot of things. To grant us all our wishes is a long task. I know Lord that you are a fair God, and even though you don’t answer my question now you will answer them later. With you, it is all about patience and self-sacrifice. That is all I have to say for now father. For I know I can always talk to you at any time, anywhere and any day.

I am and always will be your humble servant,

Lusike

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lusike,

    You have beautiful poems, and we would love to feature a few on our newly launched blog, B-Gina Review.

    The mission of this new venture is to nurture and promote creativity by featuring new, emerging as well as established authors whose aim is to reach a world-wide audience.

    If you are interested in submitting anything to us or have any questions, you can contact us via this email address (bginareview@yahoo.com).

    Please visit us at http://bginareview.wordpress.com/ to learn more about us.

    Kind Regards,
    Regina Timothy
    Editor, B-Gina Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Regina,

    Thank you for your interest. I will be sending you and email soon.

    Regards,

    Lusike

    ReplyDelete