Friday, June 10, 2011

MOTHER EARTH


I am in everything
Everything is above me
I hear the tree call
Crying to me their mother
Asking, begging me for help
I hear the axes, the saws cutting them deep.
I feel the soil being poisoned slowly
Killed by substance its feed and tossed on
I feel her as she is washed away
I feel her dry above me
Nothing grows on her anymore.
The rivers are gone, drifting astray
The aquatic life is dead
The water is toxic to all
River beds are all that is left
Water is life, without it – death!
The air is no longer fresh
Filled with industrious fumes
Sickness is everywhere
My children’s lungs are clogged
The die with every breath!
I feel naked, stripped bare
My beauty fades slowly, my glory days are gone
My children are forgetting me
What will become of me, of them, of everything?
It is I who holds everyone, everything
If I go… so do all my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment