Monday, November 14, 2011

THE DEVIL WITHIN


I’m almost picturesque perfect
The epitome of innocence
Second to Virgin Mary
Daily I struggle
Within me there is mystery
Within me resides the devil!

I was taught compassion
Yet I stand aloof
My thoughts do not stray
They linger on me
I could not think of another
The devil glimpses from within!

I know right from wrong
Yet I desire wrong
For the thrill it evokes
For the satisfaction I receive
The devil knocks within!

Peace is around me
I am bent for war
To conquer the weak
To glorify my name
The devil takes control within!

I distinguish truth from lies
I prosper on lies
To hurt people
To bring pain
To bring me joy
The devil rests within!

I was taught forgiveness,
I thrive on punishment
To cause terror
To seek vengeance
The devil smiles within!

I encounter courtship
My body craves seduction
For my fulfillment
To do away with complications
The devil within laughs!

I am shown love
My heart denies the emotion
For the weakness it brings
For the control it breaks
The devil holds my heart!

I am given life
I choose death
To do away with my enemy
To control destinies
To have the power
The devil rules within me!

A saint I seem
The devil within me calls
Outwards I remain calm
I respond when it suits me
My destiny is already here!

1 comment: